Alessi Pet Products
Alessi is a housewares and kitchen utensil company from Italy. They make everyday items from plastic and metal, designed by famous designers.
Alessi at a glance...
Founded in 1921 as a “Workshop for the processing of brass and nickel silver sheet metal, with foundry”, Alessi has always stood out for the high quality of its products. In almost a century of history, the company has gradually evolved to become one of the leading “Factories of Italian design”, capable of applying its expertise and excellence in design management to many different product types. Open to change and international development, Alessi at the same time has a strong bond with the traditions and cultural background of its area and continues to be synonymous with handcrafted objects produced with the help of machines.
Alessi’s mission is now one of translating its quest for the most advanced cultural, aesthetic, design and functional quality into mass production. Designer products are the result of the constant reconciliation of art and industry, of the “Immensity of Creative Potential” and the needs of the market. The company is committed to a design approach in which the most advanced expression of international creativity is always balanced against the desires of the general public. Alessi has been described as a “Dream Factory”, which uses its products to make people’s dreams come true, providing them with the Art and Poetry that they seek.
Due to Alessi being an imported product, pricing may vary from time to time, should the item be out of stock, due to the exchange rate fluctuation.
Thank you for shopping with us.
Alessigraphy, or the geography of Alessi production
Since the company’s foundation in 1921 the majority of Alessi products have been manufactured through the cold working of metals, a tradition that is kept alive today by the skilled workers at the Crusinallo plant in Omegna.
Over time, Alessi also began to work with many other materials, such as porcelain, glass, wood, and plastic… A specific production method was developed for each one. Even when production takes place outside the Crusinallo plant, Alessi’s guidelines guarantee the company’s original production quality standards, continuing to reconcile industrial technological complexity with an artisanal eye for detail.
The objects produced from the different materials are manufactured in various production plants across the world. They remain original Alessi objects in that they are conceived with the same design excellence and produced with the same attention to quality that sets the company’s products apart.
Her artistic practice extends across a range of creative disciplines, from painting, photography and sculpture to sound and object design. Mathematics, geometry, folding, abstraction, colour and form are frequently explored in her work. Alice has undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications in fine art. Alice approaches design from an artistic point of view. In many instances her abstract paintings are the foundation for her product design. Alice’s work is represented in public and private collections around the world, including the Victoria and Albert Museum in London.
Born in Milan (1931-1997), he is considered by many to be the greatest Italian architect of the second half of the 20th century. His life as an architect started with Gardella and Zanuso. An author of abstraction, reduction and brevitas, his severe language of primary shapes, geometrical patterns and silent evocation created some of the most intensely poetic works of architecture and design in his age.
Anselmo (Nini) Vitale was born in Milan in 1929; he graduated from the Istituto Universitario di Architettura in Venice, where he met Carlo Mazzeri, with whom he started collaborating in 1961 on the design of the Alessi company’s “Avio” line. Their collaboration continued with gratifying results through a professional association that lasted more than ten years and through ongoing consultancy work with companies manufacturing household articles and white goods. With the Alessi technical office in particular, the collaboration culminated in the creation of the thermal-insulation ice bucket that won the Macef prize in 1971. Together with Carlo Mazzeri he created “Standard”, a professional industrial design studio, designing white goods and household articles. He died prematurely in 1978 at the height of his career as an architect and designer.
Born in Oleggio (Novara) in 1927, Carlo Mazzeri graduated in architecture from the Istituto Universitario di Architettura in Venice in 1956 and, after an early collaboration with Carlo Scarpa in Venice, with the architect Mario Righini’s studio he took part in the competition for the Colonia Olivetti in Brusson and the Carrara Chamber of Commerce, and took one of the top places. In 1957 he designed the cocktail shaker “870” with Luigi Massoni, which was one of the first Alessi objects designed by external collaborators and which is still in production and can be found in bars worldwide. In the ‘60s and ‘70s with Anselmo Vitale he designed a complete collection of objects for Alessi which were primarily for use in the hotel industry. He was involved in civil and industrial construction, responsible among other things for the Alessi plant in Omegna (1960-1971), the Girmi electrical household appliances factory (1962) and the Lagostina offices (1964), which were also in Omegna, the renovation of the driers and the new warehouse for 3M Italia in Ferrania (1970) and the Salumificio Romano Mainelli in Oleggio (1972). In the field of industrial design he has also collaborated with Girmi, Lagostina, Bialetti, Indesit, Fonderie Filiberti and Triplex. In 1973 he opened a studio of architecture in Novara, becoming involved in civil architecture, restoration and town planning.
Born in Innsbruck in 1917, he is known the world over as one of the initiators of the revolution in architecture and design which led away from the rigid functionalism of the years prior to and following the Second World War. A great and influential Maestro of Italian design, the energy of his language and the vitality of his colour and line contrast sharply with any intellectualism and rigidity. He dies in December 2007.
Humberto Campana, lawyer and Fernando Campana, architect, have been working together in San Paolo since 1983 in the field of artistic design. They came into the limelight in 1989 with the furniture exhibition provocatively entitled “Gli inconfortabili” (The Inconsolable), a political manifesto rather than functional objects. Their radical point of view is strengthened by the use of poor materials and industrial rubbish. Hand-made products represent the possibility of social redemption in a poor country. Their intention is, however, to find a way for Brazilian design, avoiding European colonisation. In Italy, they participated in the “Viaggio in Italia” exhibition at Abitare il Tempo in Verona in 1994 and in 1995 at the exhibition organised at the Brazilian Consulate in Milan “Il Brasile fa anche design”. In 1997 they designed lights for O Luce. Some of their pieces appear in the International Design Year Book of 1997, edited by Philippe Starck. In 1998 the Moma in New York dedicated the “Progetto 66” exhibition to them, coupled with Ingo Maurer.
From 1985 up to 1989, this has been the name adopted by the architects Stefano Giovannoni and Guido Venturini, creators of an elementary, playful cartoon language which made its mark on design in the early 90s.
Born in Barcelona in 1941. He receives the architecture degree in the “Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura” of Barcelona in 1965. In that school, he was a drawing teacher from 1977 to 1984. During the 95/96 and 96/97 courses he was a visiting professor in the P.F.C classroom and Projects I and II teacher in the 97/98, 98/99 and 99/00 courses. In 1964 he founds Studio Per in cooperation with the architects Pep Bonet, Cristian Cirici and Oscar Tusquets. With the latter, he collaborates in multiple projects until 1983. In 1984, he joins in partnership with Ignacio Paricio for the architectonic production until the year 2008. He is also a founding partner of the firm “B.D Ediciones de Diseño” There are collections of his work in the Modern Art Museum of New York (USA), in the Industrial Design Centre Georges Pompidou in Paris (France), in the Architecture Museum in Frankfurt (Germany), in the Bonnafort Gallery in San Francisco (USA), in the New York World Gallery (USA), and in the Columbia University (USA).
Born in Indianapolis, he teaches architecture in Princeton since 1962. His architectural works include the Portland Building and the Humana Building, the extension of the Whitney Museum of American Art, and the Newark Museum. He created the best-selling 9093 kettle for Alessi.
Miles For Style
+27(0)21 461 6632