Award winning olive oil… Try it, you’ll love it.
Showing all 5 results
R 300.00 | 6,000 StyleMiles – R 391.20 | 7,824 StyleMiles
R 149.00 | 2,980 StyleMiles
R 247.00 | 4,940 StyleMiles
R 383.00 | 7,660 StyleMiles
R 300.00 | 6,000 StyleMiles
Rio Largo at a glance...
RIO LARGO OLIVE ESTATE boasts prime olive-growing conditions due to the hot, dry Karoo summers with low humidity, ideal for ripening both olives and grapes. Rainfall is minimal but the high sunshine hours of the day paired with computer-controlled irrigation systems of the Brandvlei damn make for a favourable agricultural environment, resulting in the highest-quality fruits.
RIO LARGO OLIVE ESTATE has won the TOP awards in South Africa since 2010 and internationally is represented across the globe with awards from America, Italy and Japan. As we only bottle on order- freshness and that award winning quality is guaranteed with every delivery. Our innovative olive oil decanters on tap, easy to store, easy to use, ensure that freshness till the last drop.
Try it – you’ll love it!
Rio Largo Estate boasts prime olive-growing conditions due to the hot, dry Karoo summers with low humidity, ideal for ripening both olives and grapes. Rainfall is minimal but the high sunshine hours of the day paired with computer-controlled irrigation systems of the Brandvlei damn make for a favourable agricultural environment, resulting in the highest-quality fruits.
TOP awards since 2010 in bold letters as actually we are so proud of the fact that for the past 5 years we have won those awards- and not one other estate in SA can claim that! Some get a one off award and live off that forever but we CONSISTENTLY share great quality olive oil… hard to get that out!! EVERY bottle of RIO LARGO is the same oil that we get the awards for- we don’t buy in oil for RIO LARGO and that is also something that folk don’t get!
Rio Largo Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a blend of cultivars (Frantoio, Leccino, FS17 and Coratina) grown and pressed on the estate. Each cultivar is handpicked, pressed and stored separately in sealed stainless steel tanks to maintain freshness.
Oils are individually tasted before blending to achieve a mild – but not overly-peppery – fruity and flavoursome oil. The delicious blend has hints of cut grass and green apple, and is suitable for all culinary uses.
Rio Largo has won the top awards in South Africa since 2010 and has been chosen as one of South Africa’s Top 5 Olive Oils by ABSA.
- Champagne/ coffee, sandwich and biscuits upon arrival.
- A walk through the olive groves to observe the pickers fulfilling the centuries-old tradition of hand-picking the year’s harvest.
- A visit to the processing facility where Rio Largo owner, Nick Wilkinson, performs the masterful art of extracting the juice from the olives.
- Tasting a variety of local and international olive oils.
- Buffet lunch served on the estate amongst the orchids (weather permitting) or lunch served at Tebaldi’s Restaurant in McGregor.
- A brief drive to Voor Den Berg Table Olive farm in McGregor to visit the table olive processing facility where you’ll witness the curing and bottle process.
- Tea and coffee served upon departure, as well as a gift of Rio Largo olive oil to take home.
- Transport from Cape Town is an optional extra.
- Absa Top 5 South African Olive Oils
- Flos Olei 2014 Top Olive Oils of the World
SA Olive Association:
- 2010 Double Gold
- 2011 Double Gold and Gold
- 2012 Double Gold and Silver
- 2013 Gold
- Marco Zichella Award
- 2011 First Prize Intense
- 2012 Consumer’s Choice
- 2013 First Prize and Consumers Choice
- II Magnifeco: 2012 Gran Mention
- Los Angeles: 2012 Silver; 2013 Gold
Miles For Deli
+ 27(0) 21 461 6632